Monday 1 January 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Hello Goodbye by The Beatles.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1968 ?
- Joey Stefano: American male prostitute and porno actor who starred in more than 50 videos of gay and bisexual pornography and modeled in Madonna's "Sex" book.
- Felix Chong: Hong Kong actor director and screenwriter.
- Miki Higashino: Japanese pianist and composer.
- Davor Šuker: Croatian footballer.
- Carolyn Jessop: American autobiographer, a former Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints member who wrote Escape, an account of her upbringing in the polygamist sect and later flight from that community.
- John de: Visser; soccer player (SC Heerenveen).
- Sandy Beasley in Richmond: British Columbia, Canada; softball outfielder (Olympics-1996).
- Davor Suker: Croatian footballer
- WDCO TV channel 15 in Cochran, Georgia (PBS) begins broadcasting
- ABC radio splits into four networks (Information, Entertainment, Contemporary and FM).
- Criswell predicts in print and on TV that a black civil rights leader would be assassinated before October.
- Netherlands gets color TV.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- Smokey Robinson - I Second That Emotion
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- The Fantastic Johnny C - Boogaloo Down Broadway
- Joe Tex - Skinny Legs And All
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?