Tuesday 23 January 1968
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to Judy In Disguise (With Glasses) by John Fred & His Playboy Band.
In UK Hello Goodbye by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, directed by Sergio Leone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Confessions Of Nat Turner by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1968!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1968 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Eric Metcalf NFL receiver/running back (Atlanta Falcons: San Diego Chargers).
- Todd Scott: NFL safety (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Petr Korda in Prague: Czechoslovakia; tennis star (1993 Doubles-Cincinnati Ohio).
- Taro Hakase: Japanese violinist and composer.
- Petr Korda: Czech tennis player: ATP Tour.
- Lubomir Kolnik in Skalica: Czechoslovakia; hockey forward (Team Slovakia, Espoo).
- Spy ship USS Pueblo and 83-man crew seized in Sea of Japan by North Korea.
- Joe Medwick elected to Baseball Hall of Fame.
- North Korea seizes the USS Pueblo (AGER-2), claiming the ship had violated their territorial waters while spying.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- John Fred & His Playboy Band - Judy In Disguise (With Glasses)
- The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
- Aretha Franklin - Chain Of Fools
- Classics IV - Spooky
- Union Gap - Woman, Woman
- The American Breed - Bend Me, Shape Me
- Marvin Gaye - If I Could Build My Whole World Around You
- The Monkees - Daydream Believer
- The Beatles - Hello Goodbye
- Gladys Knight & the Pips - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 23 January 1968 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?