Sunday 27 June 1954
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 27 June 1954 ?
- National HIV Testing Day in United States
- National Veterans' Day in the United Kingdom 
- Stonewall Day (date of many gay pride celebrations, including those in New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, and Madrid)
- Feast of St Cyril of Alexandria
- 1st atomic power station opens (Obninsk, near Moscow, Russia)
- CIA-sponsored rebels overthrow elected government of Guatemala
- US Central Intelligence Agency-sponsored rebels overthrow elected government of Guatemala.
- The world's first nuclear power station opens in Obninsk, near Moscow.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?