Friday 18 June 1954
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include William Beard and Richard Gladu.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Caine Mutiny, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 18 June 1954 ?
- Seychelles - National Day.
- Brazil - Chemist's Day.
- Father's Day, US, UK, Chile (2006).
- Autistic Pride Day, beginning in 2005.
- William Beard: Rock drummer (Face To Face).
- Richard Gladu: American father of Stephani Gladu who was conceived by artificial insemination, with his sperm, but without his permission.
- Jennifer : French disco singer, known for her hit single "Do it for me" in 1976.
- Guatemalan President Jacobo Arbenz Guzmán steps down in a CIA-sponsored military coup, triggering a bloody civil war that continues for more than 35 years.
- The world's first atomic power station opens at Obninsk, near Moscow.
- The Common Nordic Labor Market Act comes into effect.
- The United States officially begins using the international unit of the nautical mile, equal to 6,076.11549nbspft. or 1,852 meters.
- Food rationing in Great Britain ends with the lifting of restrictions on sale and purchase of meat, 14 years after it began early in World War II and nearly a decade after the war's end.
- West Germany beats Hungary 3–2 to win the 1954 FIFA World Cup.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?