Wednesday 2 June 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Steele and Richard Davis.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1954 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Michael Steele: Rocker (Bangles-Eternal Flame, Walk Like an Egyptian).
- Richard Davis: American homicide; arraigned on eight felony counts for the kidnapping and murder of 12-year-old Polly Klass.
- Dennis Haysbert: American actor.
- John Costello (Cons) becomes Premier of Ireland
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?