Wednesday 2 June 1954
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Dial M for Murder, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1954 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Michael Steele: Rocker (Bangles-Eternal Flame, Walk Like an Egyptian).
- Dennis Haysbert: American actor.
- Richard Davis: American homicide; arraigned on eight felony counts for the kidnapping and murder of 12-year-old Polly Klass.
- John Costello (Cons) becomes Premier of Ireland
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?