Thursday 17 June 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mark Linn-Baker in Saint Louis and Len Davies.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
The Caine Mutiny, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1954.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 17 June 1954 ?
- St. Albert Chmielowski.
- National holiday of West Germany until 1990, see Workers' Uprising of 1953 in East Germany.
- Iceland's national day, celebrating independence from Denmark in 1944.
- Mark Linn-Baker in Saint Louis: Missouri, USA; actor (Larry Appleton - Perfect Strangers).
- Len Davies: British pro wrestling promoter.
- Mark Linn-Baker: American actor and director.
- CIA exile army lands in Guatemala (JF Dulles & United Fruit Co)
- Rocky Marciano beats Ezzard Charles in 15 for heavyweight boxing title
- Televised Senate Army McCarthy hearings ends
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?