Tuesday 15 June 1954
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Man with a Million, directed by Ronald Neame, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 June 1954!
Which were the important events of 15 June 1954 ?
- Commemoration of Evelyn Underhill (Anglican mystic and poet)
- Roman Catholic Church ? Feast of Saint Germaine Cousin, patron of shepherdesses and of victims of child abuse
- Roman Catholic Church and some Anglican churches: Corpus Christi (moveable feast, 2006)
- Saint Vitus' Day ? Vitus Diena held in medieval Latvia
- Malawi's Freedom Day
- Commemoration of William Adams (Miura Anjin ????) a man shipwrecked in Japan in the 1600s, and whom James Clavell's "Shogun" was based upon
- Flag Day in Denmark
- Roman Empire ? ninth and final day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Jim Belushi in Chicago: Illinois, USA; comedian (Saturday Night Live, Trading Places).
- Jim Belushi: TV Actor.
- Paul Rusesabagina: Rwandan humanitarian.
- Zdeňka Šilhavá: Czech discus thrower and shot putter.
- Beverley Whitfield: Australian swimmer (d. 1996).
- James Belushi: American actor
- Terri Gibbs in Augusta: Georgia, USA; blind singer ("Somebody's Knockin'").
- UEFA (Union des Associations Europeennes de Football) is formed in Basel, Switzerland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1954 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?