Monday 27 May 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Testimony Of Two Men by Taylor Caldwell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1968 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Cedric Smith NFL running back (Washington Redskins: Arizona Cardinals).
- John Connelly in Toledo: Ohio, USA; Nike golfer (1991 New Hampshire Open).
- Jeff Bagwell in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; infielder (Houston Astros).
- Frank Thomas "Big Hurt" first baseman (Chicago White Sox: 1993 Most Valuable Player).
- Frank E Thomas: American baseball player.
- Jeff Bagwell: American athlete and Texas Astro player, Jeff Bagwell led the team into the 1997 playoffs for the first time in 11 years, when he became the first full-time first baseman to hit 30 home runs and steal 30 bases. Bagwell is one of the league’s premier first basemen and best clutch hitters, and arguably the best player in Astro history. In 1994, he became only the 4th National Leaguer to be named unanimously as Most Valuable Player.
- Rebekah Brooks: English journalist
- Harun Erdenay: Turkish basketball player and coach
- Frank Thomas: American professional baseball player who retired on February 12, 2010.
- Little Willie John: Rocker, dies at 30.
- NL awards Montreal and SD major league franchises
- Nuclear submarine Scorpion is lost
- The meeting of the Union Nationale des Etudiants de France (National Union of the Students of France) takes place. 30,000 to 50,000 people gather in the Stade Sebastien Charlety.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Mony Mony
- Ohio Express - Yummy Yummy Yummy
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?