Wednesday 22 May 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kevin Carolan and Brent Geiberger in Santa Barbara.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & The Drells.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1968 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Kevin Carolan: American actor and comedian.
- Brent Geiberger in Santa Barbara: California, USA; Nike golfer (1994 Queen Mary-second).
- Carmie Vairo in Vancouver: British Columbia, Canada; softball infielder (Olympics-1996).
- Mike Harbold in Oakland: California, USA; sprint kayak (Olympics-1996).
- Alan Levine in Park Ridge: Illinois, USA; pitcher (Chicago White Sox).
- Randy Brown: American basketball player: guard, Bulls
- Ma Jun: Chinese environmentalist and journalist
- Graham Linehan: Irish television writer and director (Black Books, The IT Crowd)
- Karen Lord: Barbadian author
- Simon Rumley: English director and screenwriter
- Pittsburgh Pirates' player Willie Stargell hits three homeruns, a double and a single.
- The nuclear-powered submarine the USS Scorpion sinks with 99 men aboard 400 miles southwest of the Azores.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Marvin Gaye - Ain't Nothing Like The Real Thing
- Stevie Wonder - Shoo-Be-Doo-Be-Doo-Da-Day
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?