Sunday 12 May 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 12 May 1968 ?
- Saint Epiphanius
- Saint Domitilla
- Day of Finnishness in Finland; Commemoration day of J. V. Snellman.
- International Nurses Day
- Saint Modoald
- Buddhism in Sri Lanka, Thailand - Visakha Bucha. (2006) 
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2005: the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar.
- Blessed Imelda
- Saint Pancras (died 304), second of the Ice Saints
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Achilleus and Nereus
- Saint Joan of Portugal
- Mark Clark: American baseball player with St. Louis Cardinals, selected in ninth round of free-agent draft 6/01/1988.
- Tony Hawk: American skateboarder.
- Catherine Tate: English comedian, actress and writer.
- Mark Clark in Bath: Illinois, USA; pitcher (New York Mets).
- Scott Schwartz: American actor.
- March of Poor under rev Abernathy reach Washington, DC
- WSKG TV channel 46 in Binghamton, New York (PBS) begins broadcasting
- "March of Poor" under Reverend Abernathy reaches Washington DC.
- Mickey Wright wins LPGA Tall City Golf Open.
- North Vietnamese and Viet Cong forces attack Australian troops defending Fire Support Base Coral, east of Lai Khe in South Vietnam on the night of 12/13 May, resulting in heavy casualties on both sides and beginning the Battle of Coral-Balmoral.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?