Wednesday 15 May 1968
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Tighten Up by Archie Bell & The Drells.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Devil's Brigade, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1968!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1968 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Cecilia Malmstrom: Swedish politician.
- Robin Kaplan: American employee of TJX Companies, a senior store equipment specialist, killed aboard American Airlines Flight 11 when it impacted New York’s World Trade Center on 9/11/2001.
- Todd Porter in Montclair: New Jersey, USA; actor (Hamilton - Whiz Kids).
- Cecilia Malmström: Swedish academic and politician 15th European Commissioner for Trade.
- Seth Putnam: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Anal Cunt Post Mortem and Siege) (d. 2011).
- Sophie Raworth: English journalist and actress
- Leroy Hoard NFL running back (Cleveland Browns: Minnesota Vikings).
- James "Jim" Neil in Buffalo: New York, USA; rower (Olympics-1996).
- Wonderwall with George Harrison premieres at Cannes Film Festival
- 1st AL game played in Milwaukee, is a 4-2 California win against Chicago
- Paul McCartney and John Lennon appear on Johnny Carson Show to promote Apple records, Joe Garagiola is substitute host
- A tornado strikes Jonesboro, Arkansas, USA, at 10 PM, killing 36.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Troggs - Love Is All Around
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Dionne Warwick - Do You Know The Way To San Jose
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?