Monday 6 May 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Linnea Marie Fayard in Shreveport and Andy Kelly.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Odd Couple, directed by Gene Saks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1968.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1968 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- Linnea Marie Fayard in Shreveport: Louisiana, USA; Miss Louisiana-America (1991-5th).
- Andy Kelly: WLAF quarterback (Rhein Fire).
- Laetitia Sadier: French singer (Stereolab).
- Emmanuel Perrotin: French art dealer specializing in contemporary art.
- Worku Bikila: Ethiopian runner.
- Shin Hae-chul: South Korean singer-songwriter and producer (N.EX.T) (d. 2014)
- Lætitia Sadier: French singer and keyboard player (Stereolab Monade and McCarthy)
- Giants reliever Lindy McDaniel sets NL record of 225th consecutive errorless game (108 chances consecutively since June 16, 1964)
- Spain closes border to Gibraltar except to Spaniards.
- Battle between students and troops in Paris, France; 1000 injured.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
- Simon and Garfunkel - Mrs. Robinson
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?