Saturday 28 March 1959
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Todd Curtis and Petra Delhees in Jauch.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Warlock, directed by Edward Dmytryk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Garry Halliday.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1959 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Todd Curtis: Actor (Capitol, Skip - Young and the Restless).
- Petra Delhees in Jauch: Switzerland; tennis star.
- Marc Bolland: Dutch-English businessman.
- Laura Chinchilla: Costa Rican politician President of Costa Rica.
- Joel McNeely: American pianist and composer.
- Chris Myers: American journalist and sportscaster
- The State Council of the People's Republic of China dissolves the Government of Tibet.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Avalon - Venus
- The Coasters - Charlie Brown
- David Seville - Alvin's Harmonica
- Brook Benton - It's Just A Matter Of Time
- Thomas Wayne - Tragedy
- The Fleetwoods - Come Softly To Me
- The Bell Notes - I've Had It
- Lloyd Price - Stagger Lee
- Ricky Nelson - Never Be Anyone Else But You
- Ritchie Valens - Donna
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?