Sunday 22 March 1959
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Matthew Modine in Loma Linda and Carlton Cuse.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Venus by Frankie Avalon.
In UK As I Love You by Shirley Bassey was in the top 5 hits.
Some Like It Hot, directed by Billy Wilder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1959
while The Ugly American by William J. Lederer and Eugene Burdick was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Garry Halliday.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1959.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1959!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1959 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Matthew Modine in Loma Linda: California, USA; actor (Full Metal Jacket, Pacific Heights).
- Carlton Cuse: Mexican-born American TV writer and executive.
- Avraham Fried: American singer-songwriter.
- Matthew Modine: American actor director producer and screenwriter.
- Betsy Rawls wins LPGA Nehi Golf Tournament.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1959 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?