Friday 28 October 1966
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Benoit Hogue and Juan Guzman.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to 96 Tears by ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians.
In UK Distant Drums by Jim Reeves was in the top 5 hits.
What's Up, Tiger Lily?, directed by Woody Allen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while Valley Of The Dolls by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vendetta.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 October 1966!
Which were the important events of 28 October 1966 ?
- St. Anastasia II
- St. Remigius
- Greece - Oxi (No) Day
- Czechoslovakia - gains its independence from Austria-Hungary (1918); Holiday in the Czech Republic, Remembrance Day in Slovakia.
- Also see October 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Salvius
- St. Abraham
- R.C. Saints - October 28th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Saint Jude (a.k.a Saint Thaddaeus or "of James")
- St. Eadsin
- St. Simon the Zealot (erroneously a.k.a. "the Canaanite")
- St. John Dat
- St. Anglinus
- St. Ferrutius
- St. Fidelis of Como
- Saint Godwin
- St. Honoratus of Vercelli
- Benoit Hogue: Repentigny -- NHL center (Dallas Stars).
- Juan Guzman: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic -- Pitcher (Toronto Blue Jays).
- Kaylynn Hick: Australian rower (1996 Olympics).
- Tim Bogar: Indianapolis, Indiana -- Infielder (NY Mets).
- Jill Dearman: American pro astrologer, tarot reader and writer.
- Steve Atwater: NFL safety (Denver Broncos - Super Bowl 32)
- Andy Richter: American actor producer and screenwriter
- Aris Spiliotopoulos: Greek politician Greek Minister of Education and Religious Affairs
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- ? (Question Mark) and the Mysterians - 96 Tears
- The Monkees - Last Train To Clarksville
- Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
- Johnny Rivers - Poor Side Of Town
- The Left Banke - Walk Away Renee
- Herman's Hermits - Dandy
- Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted
- Tommy Roe - Hooray For Hazel
- The Rolling Stones - Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing In The Shadow
- Eric Burdon and the Animals - See See Rider
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?