Sunday 29 March 1953
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
In UK She Wears Red Feathers by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
Glen or Glenda, directed by Edward D. Wood Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1953
while The Silver Chalice by Thomas B. Costain was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1953.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 March 1953!
Which were the important events of 29 March 1953 ?
- St. Bertold (d.1179)
- Blessed Hugo (d.1239)
- St. Ludolf of Ratzeburg (d.1250)
- St. Eustace
- Memorial day and commemoration of the 1947 revolt against French colonisation in Madagascar
- Youth Day in Taiwan
- Festival of Ishtar.
- St. Jonas (d. 327)
- Tonis Palts: Estonian politician.
- Tõnis Palts: Estonian politician 39th Mayor of Tallinn.
- Tom Hume: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher who played for the Cincinnati Reds between 1977 to 1987, and briefly with the Philadelphia Phillies in 1986-1987.
- A fire at the Littlefield Nursing Home in Largo, Florida kills 33 persons, including singer-songwriter Arthur Fields.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1953 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?