Saturday 30 March 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Knew Too Much, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 30 March 1935 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 30 March 1935 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
See other famous people born on 30 March
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1935?
- Science: Science vol. 81 issue 2100
- Time: TIME Magazine Cover: General Douglas MacArthur -- Mar. 25, 1935
- Science: Science vol. 81 issue 2099
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Green Light, 1935 novel by Lloyd Douglas. Hardcover with dust jacket, 326 pages, published by Grosset & Dunlap.
A novel that takes place in the Valley of Virginia, tracing the experience of a family with four generations of strong women.
The second novel by the great American novelist now the subject of a major new film Genius starring Jude Law Colin Firth Dominic West and Nicole Kidman It is 1920 and Eugene Gant leaves the American South for Harvard New ...
STATED FIRST PRINTING. March 1971 Signet(NAL) mass market paperback, Rachel Field (And Now Tomorrow). After the death of her father, ten year old Kate Fernald and her mother head to the coast of Maine where mom has a job as ...
Tell the world why 30 March 1935 is such a special date for you!