Saturday 9 March 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sister Bernard Ncube and Keely Smith in Norfolk.
Gold Diggers of 1935, directed by Busby Berkeley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 March 1935!
Which were the important events of 9 March 1935 ?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Sister Bernard Ncube: South African nun.
- Keely Smith in Norfolk: Virginia, USA; singer (Mrs Louis Prima).
- Joe Gallison in Houston: Texas, USA; actor (PT-109, Neil - Days of Our Lives).
- Andrew Viterbi: American engineer and businessman co-founded Qualcomm Inc.
- March 9 ampndash Porky Pig makes his debut as the first major Looney Tunes character in I Haven't Got a Hat.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 March 1935
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?