Thursday 30 October 1924
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hannelore Weygrand and Jean-Michel Charlier.
The Last Man on Earth, directed by J.G. Blystone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1924!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1924 ?
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Saturninus
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Herbert
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Hannelore Weygrand: German FR, equestrian dressage (1956 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Jean-Michel Charlier: Belgian script writer best known as a writer of realistic European comics.
- Hubert Curien: French physicist and a key figure in European science politics, as the President of CERN Council (1994–1996), the first chairman of the European Space Agency (ESA) (1981–1984), and second President of the Academia Europæa and a President of Fondation de France.
- Serge Golovine: French ballet choreographer (Death of Narcissus).
- John Craven: American soldier and engineer (d. 2015).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1924 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- June Night - Fred Waring's Pennsylvanians
- It Had to Be You - Billy Murray & Aileen Stanley
- It Had to Be You - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?