Sunday 31 January 1915
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Goose Girl, directed by Frederick Thomson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1915!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1915 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- John Profumo: president (Toynbee Hall).
- William Crosbie: artist.
- Thomas Merton: French-American writer, poet, monk, mystic and social critic who inspired and touched many 20th century minds and hearts.
- Bobby Hackett: American trumpet player and cornet player (d. 1976).
- Alan Lomax: American historian author and scholar (d. 2002).
- Garry Moore: American comedian and game show host (d. 1993)
- 1st (German) poison gas attack, against Russians
- WWI: Germany's first large-scale use of poison gas as a weapon occurs when 18,000 artillery shells containing liquid xylyl bromide tear gas are fired on the Imperial Russian Army on the Rawka River west of Warsaw during the Battle of Bolimov however, freezing temperatures prevent it being effective.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Chinatown, My Chinatown - Grace Kerns & John Barnes Wells
- He's a Rag Picker - Peerless Quartet
- Poor Pauline - Arthur Fields
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in January 1915?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 31 January 1915 and get them!