Friday 1 August 1941
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 1, 1941). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nathalie Delon and Etienne Roda-Gil.
Dive Bomber, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
On TV people were watching CBS Television Quiz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 August 1941
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 August 1941!
Which were the important events of 1 August 1941 ?
- Orthodox Christianity - Procession of the Cross
- Barbados, Trinidad and Tobago - Emancipation Day
- St. Pellegrini/Peregrinus
- Angola - Armed Forces Day
- Switzerland - National Day
- Benin - National Day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Kam�l (Perfection) - First day of the eighth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Sts. Faith, Hope, and Charity (sisters).
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 5 saints: St. Ethelwolf
- Yorkshire, United Kingdom - Yorkshire Day
- People's Republic of China - Anniversary of the Founding of the People's Liberation Army
- Lughnasadh - L� L�nasa, the traditional first day of Autumn in Ireland.
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the liberation of Haile Selassie from slavery
- Nicaragua - Fiesta Day
- Lammas - Neopagan festival of Lammas
- Lebanon - Army's Day (Eid al-Jaysh)
- World Scout Day - anniversary of the first day of the Brownsea Island Camp in 1907, where Robert Baden-Powell began scouting.
- Democratic Republic of Congo - Parent's Day
- Nathalie Delon
- Etienne Roda-Gil: French songwriter and screenwriter (Born 1941).
- Jean-Marie Borzeix
- Ney Matogrosso
- Étienne Roda-Gil: French songwriter and screenwriter (d. 2004).
- Ron Brown: American captain and politician 30th United States Secretary of Commerce (d. 1996).
- Natalie Delon: French actress who made a second marriage to actor Alain Delon on 8/13/1964; divorce 2/14/1969.
- Ronald Harmon Brown: Chairman (Democratic Party).
- Luftwaffe bombs German 23rd division
- New York Yankee Lefty Gomez walks most (11) in a shutout (Yanks 9, St. L 0)
- The first Jeep car is produced.