Wednesday 1 December 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Franz Bardon and Jan Koplowitz.
The Life of Moses, directed by J. Stuart Blackton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1909 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Franz Bardon
- Jan Koplowitz: writer.
- Bob Kline: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Boston Red Sox (1930-1934), the Philadelphia Athletics (1934) and Washington Senators (1934).
- Jean Rumeau: France Painter.
- 1st Christmas Club payment made, to Carlisle Trust Co, Pennsylvania
- 1st Israeli kibbutz founded, Deganya Alef
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #6 songs in the USA
- Gems from The Prince of To-Night - Victor Light Opera Co.
- When I Dream in the Gloaming of You - Harry Tally
- The Last Rose of Summer - Elizabeth Wheeler
- Sweetheart's a Pretty Name When It's Y-O-U - Peerless Quartet
- Red Head - Ada Jones
- Lonesome - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?