Wednesday 1 December 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 1, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Franz Bardon and Jan Koplowitz.
The House of Cards, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1909 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Franz Bardon
- Jan Koplowitz: writer.
- Bob Kline: American baseball player, a right-handed pitcher with the Boston Red Sox (1930-1934), the Philadelphia Athletics (1934) and Washington Senators (1934).
- Jean Rumeau: France Painter.
- 1st Christmas Club payment made, to Carlisle Trust Co, Pennsylvania
- 1st Israeli kibbutz founded, Deganya Alef
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Dixie Land, I Love You - Billy Murray
- Lonesome - Haydn Quartet