Tuesday 21 December 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Ball and Seicho Matsumoto.
Excelsior, directed by Wu Min-Hsiung, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 December 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 21 December 1909 ?
- Roman festivals - Divalia in honour of Angerona
- R.C. Saints - Saint Petrus Canisius ; formerly feast day of Thomas the apostle
- Also see December 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The summer solstice (Southern Hemisphere) or winter solstice (Northern Hemisphere), sometimes known as Yule, occurs on or very close to this date. It is an important festival in the Chinese calendar.
- George Ball: Iowa, United States -- Lawyer / Undersecretary of State.
- Seicho Matsumoto: Japanese mystery writer and journalist (d. 1992).
- Odd Brochmann: Norwegian architect, professor, illustrator, author, style historian, and government scholar.
- Seichō Matsumoto: Japanese journalist and author (d. 1992).
- 1st junior high school established (Berkeley, California)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Let's Go in to a Picture Show - Byron G. Harlan
- Sadie Salome, Go Home! - Edward M. Favor
- I'm Glad I'm a Boy - I'm Glad I'm a Girl - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Down at the Huskin' Bee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- It's Hard to Kiss Your Sweetheart (When the Last Kiss Means Good-Bye) - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson