Monday 1 November 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Bruno Bjelinski and Robert Schick.
Der kleine Detektiv, directed by Heinrich Bolten-Baeckers, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while Katrine Elinor by Macartney Lane was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1909 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1909 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- The Traveling Man - Nat Wills
- Mister Othello - Ada Jones
- The Billiken Man - Blanche Ring
- My Wife's Gone to the Country, Hurrah! Hurrah! - Bob Roberts
- Up, Up, Up in My Aeroplane - Haydn Quartet
- I Wish I Had My Old Gal Back Again - Manuel Romain
- Cupid's Telephone - Frank Stanley
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?