Thursday 9 December 1909US date format: 12/9/1909, UK date format: 9/12/1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Douglas Fairbanks Jr and Douglas Fairbanks Jr New York City.
Beyond the Rockies, directed by Sinister Cinema, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1909 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Douglas Fairbanks Jr
- Douglas Fairbanks Jr New York City: New York; actor (Ghost Story).
- Douglas Fairbanks: American actor and noted family, the son of Douglas Fairbanks Sr.
- Sarah Ferrati: Italian stage and film actress.
- 1st US monoplane flown (Henry W Walden, Long Island, NY)