Saturday 25 December 1909, ChristmasUS date format: 12/25/1909, UK date format: 25/12/1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 25, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Mazurki and Louis van.
The Haunted Hotel, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 December 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 25 December 1909 ?
- Christmas Day is a Christian holiday on this day celebrating the Nativity of Jesus. It is a public holiday in many countries, including almost everywhere in the Americas, most European nations, the Philippines and most of Oceania, some African countries, the Commonwealth of Nations, and various other countries and regions. Many non-Christians, including non-theists, celebrate secular aspects of the holiday, such as decorating Christmas trees and exchanging gifts with family and friends. Some
- Pakistan - Quaid's Day is celebrated as a national holiday in Pakistan in honour of the birth of Mohammad Ali Jinnah.
- British Isles - a quarter day in England, Wales, Northern Ireland, and the Republic of Ireland. (but not in Scotland)
- Roman festivals - (re)birth of Sol Invictus, the winter solstice feast in the Roman Empire since 274.
- Mike Mazurki: Tarnopal, Austria -- Actor / wrestler (Centerfold Girls).
- Louis van: Lint Belgian painter.
- Lucille Wedge: American astrologer who joined AFA in July 1970; an ordained Reverend.
- Zora Arkus-Duntov: Belgian-American engineer (d. 1996).
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Let's Go in to a Picture Show - Byron G. Harlan
- Sadie Salome, Go Home! - Edward M. Favor
- I'm Glad I'm a Boy - I'm Glad I'm a Girl - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Down at the Huskin' Bee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- It's Hard to Kiss Your Sweetheart (When the Last Kiss Means Good-Bye) - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson