Thursday 23 December 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Denham and Barney Ross New York City.
Sonho de Valsa, directed by Jos Gonalves Leonardo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1909 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Maurice Denham: Beckenham, England -- Actor (Mr Love, Damn the Defiant).
- Barney Ross New York City: New York, Welterweight Boxing Champion (1934).
- Albert becomes king of Belgium.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Hat My Father Wore on St. Patrick's Day - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?