Thursday 23 December 1909
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 23, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Denham and Barney Ross New York City.
The Haunted Hotel, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 December 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 23 December 1909 ?
- Festivus (from sitcom Seinfeld)
- Oaxaca - Night of the Radishes
- Secular humanism (American) - HumanLight observed
- R.C. Saints - John Cantius ; Thorlac Thorhallsson, patron saint of Iceland
- Sweden - Birthday of Queen Silvia, an official flag day
- Japan - The Emperor's Birthday - Birthday of Akihito, the current Emperor of Japan
- Roman festivals - Larentalia, a festival in honor of Larenta
- Ancient Latvia - Ziemassvetki held
- Maurice Denham: Beckenham, England -- Actor (Mr Love, Damn the Defiant).
- Barney Ross New York City: New York, Welterweight Boxing Champion (1934).
- Albert becomes king of Belgium.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Let's Go in to a Picture Show - Byron G. Harlan
- Sadie Salome, Go Home! - Edward M. Favor
- I'm Glad I'm a Boy - I'm Glad I'm a Girl - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Down at the Huskin' Bee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- It's Hard to Kiss Your Sweetheart (When the Last Kiss Means Good-Bye) - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson