Saturday 11 December 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Moulin and John Wyer.
Before and After, directed by Barbet Schroeder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1909 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Charles Moulin: French actor (French Tarzan).
- John Wyer: English sports car racing team manager (d. 1989).
- Einar Bergsland: Norwegian Nordic skier who later became a promoter for the Holmenkollen ski festival, for alpine skiing in Norway, and for the FIS.
- Ronald McKie: Australian soldier journalist and author (d. 1991).
- Innokenty Annensky: Russian poet and critic (d. 1909).
- Canadian Football exhibition game played in Van Cortlandt Park in Bronx, Hamilton Tigers beat Ottawa Rough Riders, 11-6 before 15,000.
- Colored moving pictures demonstrated at Madison Square Garden, New York City, New York.