Tuesday 14 December 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Edward L Tatum and Phia [Sophia R] Berghout.
Macbeth, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 14 December 1909 ?
- R.C. Saints - Memorial of Saint John of the Cross
- Edward L Tatum: United States -- Molecular geneticist (Nobel 1958).
- Phia [Sophia R] Berghout: Harpist / founder Eduard of Beinumstichting.
- Julien Pages: Le Puy EXecutives.
- Edward Tatum: American geneticist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1975).
- Leopold II king of Belgium: dies.
- New South Wales Premier Charles Wade signed the Seat of Government Surrender Act 1909, formally completing the transfer of State land to the Commonwealth to create the Australian Capital Territory.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Put on Your Old Gray Bonnet - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?