Saturday 18 December 1909
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Malterre and Mona Barrie [Smith] London England.
Sonho de Valsa, directed by Jos Gonalves Leonardo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
while The Man in Lower Ten by Mary Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1909 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- André Malterre: French union activist, secretary general and president of the General Confederation of Executives (French: Confédération générale des cadres, CGC), one of the five major French confederations of trade unions.
- Mona Barrie [Smith] London England: actress (Dawn on the Great Divide).
- Andr? Malterre: Corbeil EXecutives.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Hat My Father Wore on St. Patrick's Day - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?