Wednesday 22 December 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 22, 1909). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Carney [David Boughal] and Patricia Hayes.
Excelsior, directed by Wu Min-Hsiung, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1909 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Let's Go in to a Picture Show - Byron G. Harlan
- Sadie Salome, Go Home! - Edward M. Favor
- I'm Glad I'm a Boy - I'm Glad I'm a Girl - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Down at the Huskin' Bee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- It's Hard to Kiss Your Sweetheart (When the Last Kiss Means Good-Bye) - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson