Wednesday 22 December 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alan Carney [David Boughal] and Patricia Hayes.
Excelsior, directed by Wu Min-Hsiung, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1909
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1909!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1909 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Let's Go in to a Picture Show - Byron G. Harlan
- Sadie Salome, Go Home! - Edward M. Favor
- I'm Glad I'm a Boy - I'm Glad I'm a Girl - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- Down at the Huskin' Bee - Arthur Collins & Byron Harlan
- It's Hard to Kiss Your Sweetheart (When the Last Kiss Means Good-Bye) - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson