Wednesday 1 December 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 1, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pierre Poujade and George Davis.
Anna Boleyn, directed by Ernst Lubitsch, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 December 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1920!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1920 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Pierre Poujade: French populist politician after whom the Poujadist movement was named.
- George Davis: American highly decorated fighter pilot and flying ace of the United States Army Air Forces in World War II, and later of the US Air Force during the Korean War.
- Peter Ishigami: Japanese priest 1st Bishop of Naha (d. 2014).