Monday 25 January 2010
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 25, 2010). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Bloodworth, directed by Shane Dax Taylor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Going Rogue: An American Life by Sarah Palin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rosario Tijeras.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dead Rising 2 or Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 25 January 2010
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 2010!
Which were the important events of 25 January 2010 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 25 January
- Live Nation and Ticketmaster complete their merger, following an agreement with the United States Department of Justice to divest some interests. (Reuters)
- Police in the Venezuelan capital Caracas disperse an opposition student protest over the closure of several television stations. Meanwhile, Vice President Ramón Carrizales resigns. (''El Universal'')
- Houthi fighters in northern Yemen offer to leave Saudi Arabia after three months of fighting on the border. (Press TV)
- Representatives of the Dalai Lama head to Beijing for the first discussions with Chinese authorities in 15 months. (''The Guardian'')
- Voters in Saint Kitts and Nevis go to the polls in the 2010 general election. (''Washington Post'')
- New traces of melamine in milk products are discovered in China, more than a year after thousands of children became ill from a previous incident. (BBC)
- The European Union agrees to send a team to train up to 2,000 Somali troops to help fight insurgents in the country, as intense gun battles take place in the capital Mogadishu. (UPI)
- Environment ministers from the G4 bloc (IBSA Dialogue Forum China) meet in New Delhi, India, to agree a common position ahead of future climate change talks, such as the 2010 United Nations Climate Change Conference (ampquotCOP-16ampquot) at Cancún, Mexico, to be held from 29 November 2010 to 10 December 2010 (''The Daily Star'')
- Dutch football club HFC Haarlem, national champion in 1946, is declared bankrupt, becoming the first Dutch professional club to be disestablished since FC Wageningen and VCV Zeeland in 1992. (Telegraaf)
- Three car bomb explosions in central Baghdad kill 36 people. (BBC)
- Burma's Home Minister General Maung Oo says Aung San Suu Kyi will be released by November this year. (Al Jazeera)
- The United States will reportedly ampquotreconsiderampquot Algeria's placement on its terror watch list, which requires Algerian citizens to undergo extra security screening. (Xinhua)
- A Qantas terminal at an airport in Perth, Western Australia, is evacuated after police locate a ampquotsuspicious itemampquot. (''The Age'')
- An inquest into the deaths of five Afghan asylum seekers opens in Australia. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- A record-breaking half a million Australians take extra time off work ampquotsickampquot as Australia Day approaches. (''The Age'')
- A senior Chinese Internet official says his country is now the largest victim of cyber attacks in the world. (''China Daily'')
- Taoiseach Brian Cowen and Prime Minister Gordon Brown meet at Downing Street to discuss the devolution deadlock in Northern Ireland. (''The Irish Times'')
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu attends the opening of an exhibition of Auschwitz concentration camp blueprints in Yad Vashem. (''The Washington Post'')
- Gordon Park, convicted murderer in the Lady in the Lake trial, is found hanged in his prison cell in Garth prison, Lancashire, England, in an apparent suicide. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 25 January 2010
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Cottbus - Duisburg : 0 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Metz - Caen : 1 - 3
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Charlton - Leyton Orient : 0 - 1
Serie BFootball (Italy)
- Lecce - Piacenza : 1 - 0
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in January 2010?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2010 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- It Kills Me - Melanie Fiona
- BedRock - Young Money Featuring Lloyd
- Say Aah - Trey Songz Featuring Fabolous
- I Invented Sex - Trey Songz Featuring Drake
- Ludacris - How Low
- Sade - Soldier Of Love
- Alicia Keys - Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart
- Money To Blow - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne & Drake
- Mary J. Blige - I Am
- Snoop Dogg - I Wanna Rock
Top #10 Latin songs
- Dile Al Amor - Aventura
- Me Gusta Todo De Ti - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Hay Ojitos - Intocable
- Se Me Va La Voz - Alejandro Fernandez
- La Calabaza - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Did It Again (Lo Hecho Esta Hecho) - Shakira
- Te Ira Mejor Sin Mi - Joan Sebastian
- El Doctorado - Tony Dize
- Te Ves Fatal - El Trono de Mexico
- Estuve - Alejandro Fernandez
Top #10 Rock songs
- Break - Three Days Grace
- I Will Not Bow - Breaking Benjamin
- Muse - Uprising
- If You Only Knew - Shinedown
- Weezer - (If You're Wondering If I Want You To) I Want You To
- Kings And Queens - Thirty Seconds To Mars
- Your Decision - Alice In Chains
- Phoenix - 1901
- Savior - Rise Against
- Pearl Jam - Just Breathe
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Westlaw and LexisNexis are trying to beat back low-cost competitors with more relevant and faster search results for lawyers and researchers. [..]
American Family Insurance, Madison, Wis., selected the Chicago office of Ogilvy & Mather Worldwide, part of WPP, to handle its creative account. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.36
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $64.58
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $69.51
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $49.55
- 1 CHF = 6.5679 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4562 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9827 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.174 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?