Sunday 1 January 1928, NewYear’s Day
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Salignon and Ernest R Tidyman.
Sadie Thompson, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1928 ?
- Ernest R Tidyman: Ohio, United States -- Novelist / screenwriter (French Connection).
- Jean Salignon: France sport Champion.
- Ernest Tidyman: American author and screenwriter (d. 1984).
- Vello Viisimaa: Estonian actor and singer (d. 1991).
- Gerhard Weinberg: German-American historian author and academic.
- 1st US air-conditioned office building opens, San Antonio
- Algemeene Vereeniging Radio Omroep (AVRO) begins broadcasting (Neth)
- First US air-conditioned office building opens, San Antonio, New Mexico.
- Boris Bazhanov defects through Iran. He is the only assistant of Joseph Stalin's secretariat to have defected from the Eastern Bloc.
- Estonia changes its currency from the mark to the kroon.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1928 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Diane (I'm In Heaven When I See You Smile) - Nat Shilkret & The Victor Orchestra
- My Blue Heaven - Don Voorhees & His Orchestra
- The Soldier's Sweetheart - Jimmie Rodgers