Friday 1 January 1943, NewYear’s DayUS date format: 1/1/1943, UK date format: 1/1/1943
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 1, 1943). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Catherine Nay and Mary Brett Ashley.
Margin for Error, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
On TV people were watching Voice of America News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 January 1943
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 January 1943!
Which were the important events of 1 January 1943 ?
- Catherine Nay
- Mary Brett Ashley
- Ronald Perelman: American businessman and philanthropist founded MacAndrews & Forbes.
- Larry Clark: American director.
- Raghunath Anant Mashelkar: Indian scientist.
- Mary Ashley: American scholar and consultant for ABC television to provide research for 20/20 specials and a few papers on Napoleonic history.
- Don Novello: American comedian, best known his character Father Guido Sarducci.
- Andy Summers: Musician.
- Bud Hollowell: American baseball player and manager (d. 2014).
- Raghunath Mashelkar: Indian rheologist and engineer.
- Tony Knowles: American soldier and politician 7th Governor of Alaska.
- Vladimir Šeks: Croatian lawyer and politician 16th Speaker of the Croatian Parliament.
- Ron Perelman: American businessman and millionaire, one of the wealthiest men in America.
- Don Novello [Father Guido Sarducci] in Ashtabula: Ohio, USA; comedian (Saturday Night Live).
- Jerilyn Britz in Minneapolis: Minnesota, USA; LPGA golfer (1979 US Women's Open).
- Count Claus von Stauffenberg promoted to Lieutenant Colonel
- Negro League star Josh Gibson suffers a nervous breakdown