Wednesday 1 October 1913
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include André Fougeron and Helio Gracie.
The Debt of Honor, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1913
while The Judgment House by Gilbert Parker was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1913!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1913 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- André Fougeron: French painter, engaged as a communist since 1939.
- Helio Gracie: Brazilian martial artist (d. 2009).
- Hélio Gracie: Brazilian martial artist (d. 2009).
- Harry Lookofsky: American violinist and producer (d. 1998).
- Eugene O'Keefe: Canadian businessman and philanthropist (Born 1827).
- Mexican Revolution: Pancho Villa's troops take Torreón after a 3-day battle, when government troops retreat.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1913 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- You Made Me Love You (I Didn't Want to Do It) - William J. Halley
- That Little German Band - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?