Saturday September 2, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see planets position on September 2, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Zedd (musician) and Alexandre Pato.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Cold Hearted by Paula Abdul.
In UK Ride On Time by Black Box was in the top 5 hits.
Speaking Parts, directed by Atom Egoyan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while All I Really Need To Know I Learned In Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Karate Kid.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Blood Money or Gates of Zendocon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 September 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1989!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1989 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Zedd (musician)
- Alexandre Pato: Brazilian footballer.
- Joel Goonan: English actor.
- Ishmeet Singh Sodhi: Indian playback singer (d. 2008).
- Markieff Morris: American basketball player.
- Rev Al Sharpton leads a civil rights march through Bensonhurst
- Reverend Al Sharpton leads a civil rights march through Bensonhurst.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Cold Hearted
- Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting
- New Kids On The Block - Hangin' Tough
- Gloria Estefan - Don't Wanna Lose You
- The Jeff Healey Band - Angel Eyes
- Warrant - Heaven
- Karyn White - Secret Rendezvous
- Surface - Shower Me With Your Love
- Don Henley - The End Of The Innocence
- Jody Watley - Friends
Top #10 R&B songs
- Babyface - It's No Crime
- My Fantasy (From "Do The Right Thing") - Teddy Riley Featuring Guy
- The Isley Brothers - Spend The Night (Ce Soir)
- Eric Gable - Remember (The First Time)
- Sharon Bryant - Let Go
- E.U. - Taste Of Your Love
- Eddie Murphy - Put Your Mouth On Me
- It Isn't, It Wasn't, It Ain't Never Gonna Be - Aretha Franklin/Whitney Houston
- I Do - Natalie Cole (Duet With Freddie Jackson)
- Stephanie Mills - Something In The Way (You Make Me Feel)
Top #10 Latin songs
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?