Thursday August 2, 1990US date format: 8/2/1990, UK date format: 2/8/1990
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see birth chart on August 2, 1990). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jack O'Connell and Skylar Diggins.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Vision Of Love by Mariah Carey.
In UK Turtle Power by Partners In Kryme was in the top 5 hits.
Flatliners, directed by Joel Schumacher, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while Barbarians At The Gate by Bryan Burrough and John Helyar was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Swamp Thing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 1941: Counter Attack or Astro Fang: Super Machine.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1990
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1990!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1990 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Jack O'Connell: Actor.
- Skylar Diggins: American basketball player.
- Cameron Hurley: Guitarist.
- Ima Bohush: Belarusian tennis player.
- Iraq invades and occupies Kuwait, Emir flees to Saudi Arabia
- Yankees rookie Kevin Maas hits his 10th home run in just 77 at bats
- US President signs executive order banning importation of ancient coins and antiquities from Iraq.
- President of Pakistan Ghulam Ishaq Khan dismisses Prime Minister of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto, accusing her of corruption and abuse of power.
- The South African government and ANC begin talks on ending Apartheid in South Africa.
- Prime Minister of India V. P. Singh announces plan to reserve 49% of civil service jobs for lower-caste Hindus. The plan triggers riots, leaving at least 70 dead by September.
- The government of Peru announces an austerity plan that results in huge increases in the price of food and gasoline. the plan sets off days of rioting and a national stricke on August 21.
- A passenger bus, moving by the route ampquotTbilisi-Agdamampquot is blown up, 20 people died and 30 were injured. Organizers of the crime, Armenians A. Avanesian and M. Tatevosian, were brought to criminal trial.ampref name=ampquotsupremecourt.gov.azampquot/amp
- In South Africa, fighting breaks out between the Xhosa people and the Zulu people more than 500 people are killed by the end of August.
- ampquotSueampquot, the best preserved ''Tyrannosaurus rex'' specimen ever found, is discovered near Faith, South Dakota.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mariah Carey - Vision Of Love
- Billy Idol - Cradle Of Love
- Johnny Gill - Rub You The Right Way
- Snap! - The Power
- Glenn Medeiros - She Ain't Worth It
- Tyler Collins - Girls Nite Out
- Michael Bolton - When I'm Back On My Feet Again
- Sweet Sensation - If Wishes Came True
- En Vogue - Hold On
- Poison - Unskinny Bop
Top #10 R&B songs
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tengo Todo Excepto A Ti - Luis Miguel
- El Carino Es Como Una Flor - Rudy La Scala
- Gracias A Tu Amor - Lourdes Robles/Luis Enrique
- Amnesia - Jose Jose
- Daniela Romo - Explorame
- Burbujas De Amor - Juan Luis Guerra 440
- Te Amo - Rocio Durcal
- Me Tienes Que Querer - Yuri
- Manos De Seda - Luis Angel
- Ana Gabriel - Quien Como Tu
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?