Saturday 2 December 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nancye Wynne and John Bentley Sparkhill Birmingham England actor (The Chair.
The Libertine, directed by Joseph A. Golden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 December 1916 ?
- Laos - National Day
- United Arab Emirates - National Day (independence from Britain, 1971)
- R.C. Saints - St Bibiana
- Nancye Wynne
- John Bentley Sparkhill Birmingham England actor (The Chair: Hammer the Toff).
- Howard Finster: American minister and painter (d. 2001).
- Francesco Paolo Tosti composer: dies at age 69.
- Baseballers who are injured now get full pay for duration of contract.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Saving Up the Means to Get to New Orleans - Al Jolson
- I'm Gonna Make Hay While the Sun Shines in Virginia - Marion Harris
- Turn Back the Universe and Give Me Yesterday - Morton Harvey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?