Wednesday 6 December 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kristjan Eldjarn and Yekaterina Budanova.
The Matrimaniac, directed by Paul Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 December 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1916 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Kristjan Eldjarn: Icelandic museum curator and politician (d. 1982).
- Yekaterina Budanova: Russian captain and pilot (d. 1943).
- Kristján Eldjárn: Icelandic educator and politician 3rd President of Iceland (d. 1982).
- Hugo Peretti: American songwriter and record producer (Born 1916).
- German army under General Mackensen occupies Bucharest.
- World War I: The Central Powers capture Bucharest.