Wednesday 6 December 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Kristjan Eldjarn and Yekaterina Budanova.
The Libertine, directed by Joseph A. Golden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while When a Man's a Man by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 6 December 1916 ?
- Spain - Constitution Day
- Belgium and the Netherlands celebrate Sinterklaas, a day on which a skinny version of Santa Claus gives the children oranges, candy and toys.
- Finland - Finland Independence Day (from Russia, 1917)
- Canada - National Day of Remembrance and Action on Violence Against Women
- Also see December 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Saint Nicholas
- Kristjan Eldjarn: Icelandic museum curator and politician (d. 1982).
- Yekaterina Budanova: Russian captain and pilot (d. 1943).
- Kristján Eldjárn: Icelandic educator and politician 3rd President of Iceland (d. 1982).
- Hugo Peretti: American songwriter and record producer (Born 1916).
- German army under General Mackensen occupies Bucharest.
- World War I: The Central Powers capture Bucharest.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Saving Up the Means to Get to New Orleans - Al Jolson
- I'm Gonna Make Hay While the Sun Shines in Virginia - Marion Harris
- Turn Back the Universe and Give Me Yesterday - Morton Harvey
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?