Saturday 9 December 1916
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Wolfgang Hildesheimer and Jerome Beatty Jr.
The Libertine, directed by Joseph A. Golden, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while The Real Adventure by Henry Kitchell Webster was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1916 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Wolfgang Hildesheimer: German / Swiss architect / writer (Mozart biog).
- Jerome Beatty Jr: American author (d. 2002).
- Kirk Douglas: American actor, on-screen from 1946 in some 82 films; thrillers, westerns and costume epics.
- Jacques Léauté: French criminologist and author of several books including "Droit pénal et sociologie criminelle" [Criminal law and sociology] (1956) and "Les Prisons (Que sais-je?)" (1968).
- Jerome Beatty: Jr.
- P Paul Leroy-Beaulieu French economist (Economist France): dies at age 73.
- Natsume Soseki: Japanese novelist (Born 1867).
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?