Sunday 24 December 1916, Christmas Eve
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The House Built Upon Sand, directed by Edward Morrissey, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while The Real Adventure by Henry Kitchell Webster was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1916 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 December
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Columbia Mixed Quartet
- The Sunshine of Your Smile - John McCormack
- Chantique De Noel (Holy Night) - Enrico Caruso
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?