Sunday 24 December 1916, Christmas Eve
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 24, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Joan the Woman, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 December 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 24 December 1916 ?
- December 24 is celebrated as the day before Christmas, thus called Christmas Eve.
- It is the day when food is traditionally set out for Santa Claus and his reindeer. Children around the world are urged to go to bed early so they are not awake when he arrives.
- In Hungary, Finland, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Norway, the Czech Republic and Slovakia among others, this is the day that presents are exchanged and opened.
- The Declaration of Christmas Peace takes place in the Old Great Square of Turku, Finland's official Christmas City, according to old traditions dating back to the Middle Ages.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 December
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Chantique De Noel (Holy Night) - Enrico Caruso
- The Sunshine of Your Smile - John McCormack
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Columbia Mixed Quartet