Sunday 2 January 1916
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 2, 1916). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Louise Berlay and Joseph Grimeland.
Old Heidelberg, directed by John Emerson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 January 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1916!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1916 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Louise Berlay: American author known for her metaphysical book, "The Magic of the Mind" on creative consciousness (1993).
- Joseph Grimeland: Norwegian sculptor.
- Zypora Spaisman: Polish-American actress and producer for the Yiddish stage (d. 2002).