Monday 11 December 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Pérez Prado and Damaso Perez Prado.
King Lear, directed by Ernest C. Warde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while The Real Adventure by Henry Kitchell Webster was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1916 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Pérez Prado: Cuban-Mexican singer-songwriter pianist and bandleader (d. 1989).
- Damaso Perez Prado: Cuban-born bandleader (d. 1989).
- Elena Garro: Mexican writer.
- Erwin Meierdress: German Nazi military personnel, a Waffen-SS officer and panzer ace who served with the Leibstandarte SS Adolf Hitler, SS-Verfügungs-Division before joining the SS-Panzer-Division Totenkopf, which he served with until his death in an explosion while in action on 4 January 1945.
- Paul Huber: France Military man.
- David Lloyd George forms British war government.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?