Monday 18 December 1916
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francisco Armendariz and Betty Grable.
Joan the Woman, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Life and Gabriella by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 18 December 1916 ?
- Roman festivals - Feast of Epona (during Saturnalia)
- R.C. Saints - Gatianus of Tours
- Also see December 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Niger - Republic Day (autonomous in 1958)
- Greek Orthodox Church ? Feast of Sebastian the Martyr
- Francisco Armendariz: American astrologer.
- Betty Grable: American singer, dancer and actress, the most famous "pin-up girl" of WW II.
- Douglas Fraser: Scottish-American union leader and academic (d. 2008).
- World War I: The Battle of Verdun ends when German forces under Chief of Staff Erich Von Falkenhayn are defeated by the French and British, and suffer 337,000 casualties.
- resident Woodrow Wilson marries Mrs Edith B Galt in Washington
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In Florida Among the Palms - Sterling Trio
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?