Wednesday 20 December 1916
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bernard Anquetil and Maurice Thome.
Joan the Woman, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 December 1916
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 20 December 1916 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Dominic of Silos
- Also see December 20 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- The first All Faiths Day was celebrated in 2003 in Canandaigua, New York.
- Bernard Anquetil: French Resistance fighter, shot dead by the German army at Mont-Valérien on 24 October 1941, and awarded the title of 'Compagnon de la Libération' (English: Companion of the Liberation).
- Maurice Thome: Sarlat physician.
- Michel Chartrand: Canadian union leader and activist (d. 2010).
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Chantique De Noel (Holy Night) - Enrico Caruso
- John McCormack - The Sunshine of Your Smile
- Hark! The Herald Angels Sing - Columbia Mixed Quartet