Tuesday 12 December 1916
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Saint-Pierre .
King Lear, directed by Ernest C. Warde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
while Mr. Britling Sees It Through by H. G. Wells was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1916!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1916 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
- Michel Saint-Pierre: French novelist, dramatist, and biographer.
- Worst train disaster ever (Modane France-543 killed)
- The USA purchases the Danish West Indies, for $25 million.
- In the Dolomites, an avalanche buries 18,000 Austrian and Italian soldiers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1916 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?