Friday 2 February 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Thomas M[ichael] Disch and Alan "Tea".
My Little Chickadee, directed by Edward F. Cline, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while Kitty Foyle by Christopher Morle was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1940 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Thomas M[ichael] Disch: United States -- Sci-fi author (Genocides, 102 H-Bombs).
- Alan "Tea": Caddy; rock guitarist (Tornados - "Globetrotter").
- David Jason: British comedy actor on the TV series "Open All Hours" and "Only Fools and Horses.
- Brenda Kerrigan: American noted family and mother of skating champ, Nancy Kerrigan.
- Alan Caddy: English guitarist and producer (d. 2000).
- Vsevolod Meyerhold is executed in the Soviet Union on charges of treason and espionage. He is cleared of all charges 15 years later in the first waves of de-Stalinization
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?