Friday 2 February 1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 2, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Jason and Alan "Tea".
Broadway Melody of 1940, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Down on the Farm.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 February 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1940!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1940 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- David Jason: British comedy actor on the TV series "Open All Hours" and "Only Fools and Horses.
- Alan "Tea": Caddy; rock guitarist (Tornados - "Globetrotter").
- Brenda Kerrigan: American noted family and mother of skating champ, Nancy Kerrigan.
- Thomas M[ichael] Disch: United States -- Sci-fi author (Genocides, 102 H-Bombs).
- Thomas Disch: American author and poet (d. 2008).
- Wayne Fontes: American football player and coach.
- Alan Caddy: English guitarist and producer (d. 2000).
- Vsevolod Meyerhold is executed in the Soviet Union on charges of treason and espionage. He is cleared of all charges 15 years later in the first waves of de-Stalinization