Saturday 2 January 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include James Melton in Moultrie and Sally Rand.
Asahi katsudô daishashin, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
while Lady Rose's Daughter by Mary Augusta Ward was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1904!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1904 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- James Melton in Moultrie: Georgia, USA; operatic tenor (The Ziegfield Follies of the Air, The Intimate Review, Bell Telephone Hour, Harvest of Stars, The Texaco Star Theatre) (dies 1961).
- Sally Rand: Hickory County, Missouri -- Stripper (fan dance).
- Jérôme Pineau: French road bicycle racer, a professional rider since 2002.
- Truus Klapwijk: Dutch diver and swimmer (d. 1991).
- James Longstreet: American general and diplomat United States Ambassador to Turkey (d. 1904).
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In the Village by the Sea - Byron G. Harlan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?