Saturday 9 January 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include André Le Gall and George Balanchine.
Asahi katsudô daishashin, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
while The Crossing by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 9 January 1904 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Bedelia - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?