Saturday 9 January 1904
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Balanchine .
Asahi katsudô daishashin, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1904
while The Crossing by Winston Churchill was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1904!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1904 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1904 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Bedelia - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?